Course CDE Survey »
Surgical periodontal regeneration therapy is very effective for the regeneration of tissues lost due to periodontal diseases. In addition, the use of microscopes in recent years has led to remarkable improvements, even in cases of extremely severe bone defects. However, as a surgical procedure, it is unavoidably invasive. Moreover, while previous reports suggest that orthodontic treatments improve the efficacy of the regeneration therapy, many factors remain unclear.
Therefore, in this presentation, I introduce two novel opposing treatments: non-surgical regeneration therapy performed without anesthesia (using a microscope, ErYag laser, supra-gingivally applied glycine powder air polishing, and fluoride iontophoresis) and surgical regeneration therapy combined with orthodontic treatment.
AMED is an ADA CERP recognized provider.
Junichi Watahiki, DDS has no relevant commercial relationships.
Release Date: October 21, 2017
*Expiration Date: October 21, 2020
*Self-instructional activities are reviewed at least once every three years, or more frequently if indicated by new scientific developments, to ensure that content is current and accurate.
AMED is an ADA CERP recognized provider
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CDE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/goto/cerp.
Junichi Watahiki, DDS
INTERESTS AND SPECIALIZATIONS:
1) Interdisciplinary Adult Orthodontics
2) Periodontal Regeneration
4) Condylar Cartilage (Molecular Biology)
5) Brain Research
6) Specialization in Orthodontics - license in Japan, 2003ï¼now
1) RIKEN Brain Science Institute, 2008ã€œ2012 as Vesting Scientist ã€€ã€€
2) Post-Graduate 4/2000ï¼3/2004 Ph.D.ï¼Dentistry Department of Orthodontics School of Dentistry, Showa University Tokyo
3) Undergraduate4/1993ï¼3/1999 School of Dentistry Showa University Tokyo
1) AQUA NIHOMBASHI DENTAL CLINIC 2006~ as Director
2) Teeth Alignment Medical Corporation 2008ã€œ as President
3) Showa Dental Hospital 4/1999ï¼3/2000 as Research Associate
4) Department of Orthodontics 4/2004ï¼3/2006 as Research Associate 3/2007ï¼now as Visiting Assistant Professor
5) Asahi Group Holdings, Ltd. Asahi Group Foods, Ltd. 2011~ as a Product Development Consultant